no tax dollars used to fund bible history elective courses
Bible in the Schools pledges to steward all funds with the highest level of integrity, accountability, and wise stewardship. Thank you for your generosity, partnership, and trust.
Bible History teachers are funded entirely through private contributions from local individuals, businesses, faith-based entities, and foundations. No tax dollars are used to fund this for-credit, elective for public school students. Hamilton County Schools was be reimbursed in July 2019 for $1.5 million for the complete costs of the county-wide Bible History program in 25 schools during the 2018-2019 school year. Included in the annual reimbursement costs are: teacher salaries, all benefits, taxes, classroom supplies, ongoing teacher professional development, and the costs of a full-time Bible History Program Coordinator.
Last Annual Audit: September, 2019
BOARD FINANCE COMMITTEE, 2019-2020:
- Mr. Bart Rolen, Chief Executive Officer, Southeastern Trust Company - Treasurer, Committee Chair
- Mrs. Betsy Brown, Regional Manager, Cumberland Trust - Committee Co-Chair
- Mr. Douglas Brown, Financial Advisor, Senior Vice President, UBS Wealth Management
- Mrs. Patsy Hazlewood, Member, Tennessee House of Representatives, District 27
- Mr. John Henegar, CFO, Thunder Enterprises / Jasper Highlands Development
- Mr. Joey Hogan , President, Covenant Transport Group
- Mrs. Eleonore Williams, Retired, CPA, Mauldin & Jenkins
Comprehensive Costs of
2018-2019 Bible History Program: